Clinical Trials are the research studies in which people like you give their time to assist in the discovery of solutions to health-specific issues. They are the safest and quickest approach to finding new therapies and strategies to enhance individual health. Clinical Trials demonstrate what is effective in medicine and healthcare.
All You Need to Know About Clinical Trials
These investigations are necessary as a part of the process of developing new medical therapies. Infect, every commercially available drug was originally approved in a clinical study.
All Clinical Trials are performed in accordance with a Protocol (that is further approved by the FDA) which outlines all the basics and everything participants should know about the study. Participants and the research staff must abide by the protocols restrictions and conditions.
What’s It Like To Be A Clinical Study Participant?
Deciding to participate in a Clinical Research Study is a personal decision for both you and your family. If you do decide to participate, we encourage every study volunteer to ask as many questions as they’d like. Many people are interested in participating in Clinical Trials for multiple reasons. Some choose to participate to gain access to treatments not available to the public, others do it because the current standard treatments have failed them, or simply to help advance medicine for the betterment of the future generations.
Throughout your participation in the clinical trials, you will receive complete study-related care and treatment free of cost to both you and your insurance. All volunteers who qualify and decide to participate receive study-related care from expert doctors, nurses, specialists and research staff.
Why should you consider Clinical Trials?
- Clinical Trials may provide you with access to cutting-edge treatments for your disease.
- Clinical Trials could help you explore all the possible alternative therapies available.
- Those who participate in the Clinical Trials are not only benefiting themselves but also contributing in saving lives of individuals who might be diagnosed with the condition in the future.
Basic “Lingo” of Clinical Trials
- A protocol is the core of a Clinical Study. Each study has its different protocol that includes a step by step plan for the entire study which includes who can and can not be included in the study, number of participants that need to be enrolled, number of visits, schedule of assessments and procedures.
- The protocol is used by the clinical team to answer detailed questions or concerns that you might have regarding the study. The team follows the guidelines mentioned in the protocol to ensure your safety.
Informed Consent Form:
- Informed Consent Form, also known as ICF, is an important document specific to the study that includes the purpose of the study, possible risks and benefits, duration, and expectations you should have if you qualify, and decide to participate in the Clinical Trial.
- You will be asked to sign this document before all parties decide to proceed with the study. However, you can withdraw any time you may want to.
- The term ‘Placebo-controlled’ means that the specific study includes a placebo. It means that you might either receive the placebo or the study drug. Everyone has an equal opportunity to receive either the study medication or the placebo.
- Placebo are medications without the active ingredient. It is used as a control group to compare the real study effects.
What Are the Potential Risks or Benefits?
- Clinical Trials provide access to new medicines that are frequently unavailable.
- Provide therapy that has a chance to be more beneficial than the conventional method.
- A research group of doctors and healthcare experts who recognize specific diseases will provide close monitoring, guidance, treatment, and support.
- Provide an opportunity to become the first to receive newly developed therapy.
- Individuals gain a better understanding of their illness by participating in Clinical Trials.
- The new drug might have serious adverse effects or be difficult to use.
- It’s possible that the new therapy won’t work, or that it won’t be better than the usual treatment.
- It requires more frequent lab visits than non clinical testing.
- Doctors might request to stay in the hospital for additional monitoring.
Join one of the Highest Paid Clinical Trials Near You, Help Us Advance Medicine
Prime Revival Research is now accepting participants for Clinical Trials in multiple therapeutic areas. Our team of enthusiastic and professional research staff is excited to provide you with best care and assistance throughout the study. Your health and safety is our utmost priority. Your personal and medical information will be safe with us.
For study-related care, you might have to undergo some blood tests and physical examination, this will ensure your safety. There is no cost to participate and you may get compensated for your time and travel. By participating in a Clinical Trial you help countless others by helping us bring advancement in medicine.